Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 22 November 2015

Roll Up!

Beth Munroe, who owns Mrs Pugsley's Emporium, dropped by last week to show me a Christmas stocking she had designed using the "roll up" pillowcase method.  It was a "why didn't I think of that?!" moment.  I think it's brilliant!!  She posted the directions on her blog and using her sock template, I tried it out.  It's so simple. Three seams and you're done.
Mrs P's sock has two colours in the cuff, but I just used one.  I hope to make several and use them as gift bags, trying a ribbon on the seamline where the cuff meets the sock.  Less than 15 minutes start to finish, and all seams are enclosed in a French seam.
Beth is happy to share the instructions on her blog. 

3 comments: