Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 27 February 2014

A Taste of New Treats

I have been resisting sampling from the pre-cut  smorgasbord- that tempting array of delicious sounding fabrics done up as jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.   I am more of "a metre of this, a metre of that" kind of gal which of course generates lots of leftovers. This week I am taking a nibble at a Canadian offering of delights from Trend-Tex Fabrics Inc: Maple Rolls and Maple Cakes, both served up with a bit of pepper.
 The "pepper" refers to a collection by Stof of Denmark, whose fabrics I like very much.
My challenge to myself is to design a quilt which makes very efficient use of these cuts both in terms of time and waste;  my frugal side insists on having very little fabric left over at the end.   It's been a good bit of exercise for my brain before I indulge in these tasty treats.

2 comments:

  1. Those pre-cuts are an expensive way to buy fabric, but oh - they are so tempting! A few small ones came home with me from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely buy precuts either.. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with .. I'm sure it'll be lovely...

    ReplyDelete