Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 20 July 2013

What's In The Box?

The UPS man delivered a big box of gorgeous Hoffman fabrics on Friday.  Even though I knew what was coming it knocked me off my game a bit to hold the actual fabrics in my hand.  What bliss!  I am sure one fabric is made of quicksilver...it is so fluid as it moves and catches the light.  I marvel at how silver threads can be woven in with plain cotton to achieve such effect.  It was a couple of hours before I could settle down to sew as after I felt each hand, admired the colours and prints, rubbed them on my cheek and inhaled their cottony goodness, I also had to iron each and every piece. I like to get to know my fabrics before I release their magic in patchwork.  While I cannot show you what was in the box when it arrived...
I can show you what's in it now.  Polly!  She was so determined to get inside that box, so I put in a bit of wool batting scraps and let her enjoy.  You can see her paws kneading the wool;  my Gram always called this "mixing bread".
Polly got as much pleasure from her favourite material as I did from mine.

4 comments: