Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 7 June 2013

Antepenultimate, Penultimate...

...and now the ultimate:  the last of the commissioned antependia, this one for communion.  I spent a lot of time pondering how to quilt the background.  I wanted something quiet that didn't distract from the design.
 In the end, I settled on a simple echo and crosshatch - shown here from the back - and I am very pleased with the result.  Silk quilts up soooooooo beautifully.
There is a bit more stitching to be done before it's finished, but it's almost there.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen - that's beautiful! I love how you have outlined the grapes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, it's so beautiful. I can't wait to see the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning! I cannot wait until you show us the front of this beauty in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sign of a good quilter is when the back side is as good as the front.

    ReplyDelete