Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase. The picture above shows "Meadow Song"; you can download the pattern here.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, 7 June 2013

Antepenultimate, Penultimate...

...and now the ultimate:  the last of the commissioned antependia, this one for communion.  I spent a lot of time pondering how to quilt the background.  I wanted something quiet that didn't distract from the design.
 In the end, I settled on a simple echo and crosshatch - shown here from the back - and I am very pleased with the result.  Silk quilts up soooooooo beautifully.
There is a bit more stitching to be done before it's finished, but it's almost there.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen - that's beautiful! I love how you have outlined the grapes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, it's so beautiful. I can't wait to see the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning! I cannot wait until you show us the front of this beauty in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sign of a good quilter is when the back side is as good as the front.

    ReplyDelete