Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 18 November 2012

Christmas Antependium

The Advent parament is ready for a fitting (fingers crossed there are no changes needed...) and I am ready to start in on the Christmas hanging.  In total contrast to the complex patchwork used for Advent, this appliquéd one will be simple and classic.  The liturgical colour for Christmas is white;  I have chosen an off white silk dupioni to use as the background.  Yesterday on a trip to the city, I picked up some gold dupioni as well as some tassels.  I will decide later on which colour to use.  I love the richness and sheen of the fabric.  I admit to a real silk fetish.

This will complete my last obligation before Christmas and I am anxious to get going on some projects which have been rattling around in my head,

1 comment: