Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 5 November 2012

Antependium Progression

It's been painfully slow sewing the patchwork, but finally the Advent piece is at the quilting stage.
I am using my favourite wool batting;  my plan for the quilting is to have it help reinforce the dimension on the surface of the quilt. Thus some sections will be densely quilted down, and adjacent ones will be left to pop.  While quilting, I will ponder the central star...which I am not liking so much in silver lamé and yet...the star does need to shine.   Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you need to stand further back from your star, before you make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes lame is just not quite right - Angelina fibres would sparkle, I have never used them but friends have and say they are easy to use.

    ReplyDelete