Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 10 November 2011

Cranberry Season

It's cranberry harvest time at the Logan farm where our bees pollinate the crop earlier in the season.
We bought lots of berries - some for sharing, most for the freezer.
While there, I picked up a recipe for Cranberry Marmalade which I had never tried before. The first batch turned out so well, I made a second.
These will make nice tuck-in gifts at Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I love cranberries in any shape form or fashion...this looks so yummy! Care to share the recipe......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that fruit look so nice - and the marmalade is such a beautiful colour! What other fruit is in the marmalade? I always think of marmalade as being made of citrus fruit - my last batch used grapefruit, oranges, lemons, and limons, a lemon/lime hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cranberry sauce, but I've never made it fresh. I have a great meatball recipe that uses the can stuff. But it just so happens my sister brought me some fresh cranberries from Nova Scotia this week. I wonder if they are from the same farm. I'm looking for a great recipe to use my 3 lb bag of cranberries. Gail M.

    ReplyDelete