Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Good Golly, Miss Polly

Polly has finally given her approval for the new layout of "our" string quilt.
You may recall from a previous post that I had chosen a barn raising setting for the blocks...
...but Polly didn't think much of that.
She likes the new arrangement much better. Polly sits patiently beside the sewing machine and watches carefully to make sure I sew the blocks in the correct order. (Hasn't she grown?)
I pieced, starched and pressed the red backing and taped it to the floor to start the quilt basting. I got called away to the phone.
Apparently that mouse showed up while I was gone.
And Polly was called upon to save the day once more.Once more I starched, pressed and taped the quilt backing to the floor. It's rather like having a terrible 2's toddler in the house.
"From the early early morning till the early early night, You can see Miss Polly rockin'..."

7 comments:

  1. Yes, Polly has grown and she has become such a big help around the house. Never a dull moment I bet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt about that kitty, she is such a help....! Miss Polly is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she's plotting her next move in that last picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Polly has excellent taste and judgment. Maybe a couple of homemade catnip mice will distract her long enough to get your quilt basted. She sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a good afternoon laugh....Got to love them kitties as they are "good" helpers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Polly story. Sounds like my own kitty, Vanessa. Although mischlevious, sounds like we all like the distraction these felines offer. She is growing so nicely. Beautiful girl for sure. Lucy

    ReplyDelete