Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 28 July 2011

String Theory

I have been sewing leftover strips of reds and blues into string blocks when I have a minute here and there. Two more to go and I will have enough for a lap sized quilt in a Barn Raising setting.
Polly had her own opinion of the layout. You can see she is keen to arrange those blocks.
Oh, here's the problem: there was a mouse on the quilt.
Fearless Polly, brave hunter she is, wrestled that mouse into submission...
...and removed the varmint from the premises. What would we do without Polly?
In the process, I'd say she has also "dispelled" the popular notion of String Theory. Next perhaps she'll tackle the Golden Braid of Gödel, Escher, Bach.
A quick reminder that the "Free Shipping" offer on all pattern orders placed from Canada and the U.S. ends at midnight, July 31. Don't miss out!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a great 'helper' is Polly! I wouldn't like to guess how many times one or other of our cats have done the same thing to quilt blocks.....are those phone book pages I see on the back of the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! What is it about cats and quilts? Or even quilt blocks?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll start by saying I **love** to watch the furry ones carry their toys around but all your hard work arranging the blocks has gone to waste and that must be frustrating...

    ReplyDelete