Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 1 June 2009

"The Time Has Come, The Walrus said...

To talk of many things,
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax
Of cabbages and Kings..."

Today I had the pleasure of lunching with Bev Crouse of The Quilter's Net. Though she was only passing through town, we certainly made the most of our time together. Admittedly, we did not discuss sealing wax, but that gives us something for next time. It's wonderful to hear how her vision of matching quilts to buyers over the internet is taking off. We shared experiences and suggestions freely and I came away enthused and inspired. Bev's slogan is "Every Quilt Deserves A Home" but certainly the opposite is also true: "Every Home Deserves A Quilt".

Last week I sketched out a new design with a nautical theme; after three blocks were completed, I decided it wasn't working for me. Back to the drawing board...
Switching out the too-busy background of blues for a royal Kona Bay tonal worked wonders. I am much better pleased with the look. Doesn't it work well with our gorgeous Nova Scotia tartan?

2 comments:

  1. But did you at least discuss why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings? LOL

    That block goes SO well with the tartan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what color would Lewis like. Me thinks pink for a storm warning in the drink...

    Ok. I felt I had to get in on the action and make up my own poem to add to his....

    I like both blues... but the darker sure coordinates nice with the tartan.

    ReplyDelete