Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 15 March 2009

March Break

The area schools have begun the annual Spring Break and I will do some handwork so as not to be tied to the machine this week. I am using scraps left from the silk log cabin (which is now up to 22 blocks!) to make yo-yo's. Working with silk is very different than cotton which has that nice crisp edge to turn under. Its a bit frustrating to keep a slippery edge in a smooth line as the circle is gathered. Some of the yo-yo's have come out a bit wonky but that will only add character to the finished piece.
This will be for a liturgical stole, similar to one I designed awhile back and stitched in bridal satin. In all, I will need 66 yo-yo's. They will be made in shades of blue, purple and red; can you guess what they will be? This leaf is a prototype only - machine stitched; the final ones will be hand embroidered. I love the background piece, a creamy tone-on-tone with embossed leaves just a shade off pure white. A perfect communion piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment