Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Erin go braugh

The luck of the Irish was with me yesterday on a shopping trip to the big city (Moncton, New Brunswick). This pot of gold landed plumb at the end of my rainbow: Silk dupioni is so luscious...and this was so well priced, I had to buy the whole bolt (a wee leprechaun made me do it...) Silk reflects light like nothing else, and the slubs in the weave add a wonderful texture.
It's photographed here on a bit of green to honour St. Patrick's Day. This is a silk log cabin made many, many years ago by my great-grandmother Christina Patterson of Five Islands, N.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment