Sew Karen-ly Created...

If you have arrived here via a link (such as to a tutorial) click on "Sew Karen-ly Created" to return to the latest blog post. I invite you to my website to see a gallery of quilts and patterns available for purchase.
Comments are always appreciated, simply click the word "comments" at the end of each post to leave your message. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 29 February 2008

Quilts From The Edge




Each year as a member of the Canadian Quilter's Association, I participate in their Trend Tex Challenge. As the upcoming conference will be held in Newfoundland this year the theme chosen for the challenge is Quilts From The Edge. The 5 fabrics are gorgeous marbled pieces and quite intense in their colouring which will produce some rather bold quilts.


I decided to make a "perspective" piece this year, and began by sketching my design on freezer paper. It's 24" square, so I had to tape two sheets together. I used coloured pencils to shade in hues to match my fabrics, numbered and labelled each section on the sketch and began the process of cutting up the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment